Expanded polystyrene is made from the raw material of polystyrene. It is produced by using the pentane gas as blowing agent so that the granules expands and stick to each other. It can be manufactured in the forms of board in different size and with different technical properties according to the intented use and the place of use. It is used for thermal insulation.
Izocam Izopor Production
- It is produced in the plants that hold the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System certificates provided by Bureau Veritas.
- Izocam Izopor products that are subject to TS 7316 – 1 EN 13163, hold the CE mark according to the Construction Products Directive (89/106/EEC).
- Its declared thermal conductivity is 0,030 < ? ≤ 0,039 W/mK. (at 10?C)
- Depending on the declared thermal conductivity values, Izocam Izopor products are in the thermal conductivity groups of 035 and 040.
- Water vapour diffusion resistance factor ? = 20 - 100.
- The temperature of use is between -50/+75?C.
- It does not have a capillary absorbency.
- It has high compressive strength.
- Even though it is resistant to acidic and basic chemicals, it is sensitive to chimney gases, methane group gases and chemicals of gasoline group, eter, esther and amine group.
- It is sensitive to ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. It should be protected from direct sun light.
- It is classfied as “E” with respect to TS EN 13501-1.